Jonny Orr of Daniel George Kitchens chats to ‘Self Build Ireland’ magazine about how to design your new kitchen:
If you missed the live stream interview you can catch it on Self Build Ireland podcast or on Facebook using the link above.
In the interview Jonny discusses:
- Optimal kitchen size
- Current trends, including colours and handles, and must haves
- Where the most savings can be made in a kitchen, including countertop materials
- Common mistakes people make and what to think about when planning your kitchen
- Tips to get the most out of walk in pantry
- Magic corner cupboards: are they worth it?
- Ideal size of an island
- Pros and cons of building in a dining table into the island
- Sink or hob in the island
- What extractor fan options there are for the island, can you rely on heat recovery ventilation
- Extractor fans in a passive house: what to consider
- How to incorporate a deep standalone fridge
- Kitchen lighting options
- Oven heights
- Hand painting versus factory painting
- Timeframe to get kitchen installed and ordering kitchens cross border in Ireland
Have a question? Reach out to Jonny and his team here.
Follow our new Facebook page for live updates: facebook.com/DanielGeorgeKitchens